using Bega Easy Melt Colby Natural Cheese Slices
4 slices good quality cooked turkey (or ham)
½ sweet potato, peeled
1 potato, peeled
3 tbs ricotta cheese
½ cup grated cheese
4 x Bega Easy Melt Colby Natural Cheese Slices, cut into quarters
(Tomato/onion sauce) (This makes far more than you need, but is a wonderful base for many meals, so freeze the rest in small portions.)
1 tbs olive oil
1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic
410g can tomatoes
1 tbs chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- To make tomato sauce, heat oil in a small saucepan, add onion and garlic and sauté for a minute, add tomatoes and simmer for around 10 – 15 minutes or until sauce has reduced. Stir through basil (optional) and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 8 circles out of the pita bread. I used an egg ring as my guide. Then slice each of the vegetables as thin as you can, cut the cheese and trim to roughly match the pita circles.
- (Optional) Depending on the vegetables you are using, you could briefly steam the slices to ensure they are cooked through.
- Layer the pizzas – pita round, tomato sauce, sweet potato, ricotta, turkey, zucchini, potato, and cheese.
- Place in the oven for around 8 – 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the pita is just crispy.
Thanks to One Handed Cooks to this great recipe.