Using Bega Country Light Grated Cheese
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
4 medium floury potatoes (such as King Edward, Sebago or Coliban), washed and dried
¼ green cabbage, shredded
¼ purple cabbage, shredded
¼ cup sweetcorn, drained
1 small carrot, grated
3 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
1 tsp olive oil
2 bacon rashers, finely chopped
4 tsp Western Star Original Butter, chopped
1 cup Bega Country Light 50% Less Fat* Grated Cheese
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. With a fork, prick the potato skins a few times, then place directly onto the middle shelf of the oven. Cook the potatoes for 60 minutes or until they are tender when pierced with a knife.
- With the kids, create the coleslaw by stirring together the cabbage, corn, carrot and mayonnaise in a medium bowl until mixed well. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small fry pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and stir frequently for 4-5 minutes until brown and crispy. Remove from the pan and drain any excess oil on a paper towel.
- When the potatoes are ready, carefully remove from the oven and transfer onto serving plates. Carefully cut each potato open and season with salt and pepper. Add a teaspoon of butter to the centre of each potato. Top with the coleslaw, Bega Country Light Cheese and a sprinkling of bacon.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Baked potatoes are perfect for lunch or dinner. Get creative and try using baby spinach leaves, chopped tomatoes or a variety of other healthy toppings in your baked potato!