Using Bega Bar-B-Cubes®
Makes time: 8-10 straws
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 sheets of frozen puff pastry, defrosted
8 Bega Stringers®
- LPreheat the oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the sheets of puff pastry alongside each other on a flat surface. Cut the puff pastry into long 2 cm wide strips. Pull long strings off the Bega Stringers®.
- Press together the tops of two pastry strips and one string of cheese, and then plait the three strips so the cheese becomes entwined with the pastry. Add extra cheese stringers into the plait if you run out of length. Firmly press together the ends of the pastry and cheese before carefully laying onto the baking tray. Repeat with remaining strips of pastry and strings of cheese.
- Place the straws into the oven to cook for 10-12 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and turns golden in colour. Remove from the oven and cool completely on the tray.
Hints & Tips:
- Enjoy the cheese straws with mixed veggie sticks, hummus, and a glass of water.
- The straws will last for up to three days when stored in an airtight container.