using Bega Easy Melt Colby Natural Cheese Slices
Makes: 25-30 Meatballs
(1 lunchbox serve= 2-4 meatballs depending on your child’s age and appetite.)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
500g organic diced lamb (or lamb mince)
1 brown onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 egg (optional)
1 cup cooked quinoa (or use 1 cup breadcrumbs)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup chopped button mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to fry
1 Bega Easy Melt Colby Natural Cheese Slice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cook your quinoa according to pack instructions.
- Using a food processor, process the lamb until finely chopped. Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic and process to combine.
- Transfer the lamb mixture to a bowl. Add the egg, cooked quinoa, Worcestershire sauce and parsley. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients together. Shape into small golf-ball sized meatballs, gently flatten slightly and set aside. If you have time refrigerate the meatballs for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan over medium. Add the meatballs in batches and fry for around 2-3 minutes either side. Once browned, transfer to the baking tray and bake in the oven for around 10 minutes to ensure t he meat is cooked through.
- Cut the cheese slice into 4 even quarters (or cut into cute shapes) and place over 4 of the hot meatballs and all ow the cheese to melt. Store in the fridge until ready to be packed in lunchboxes.
Serving suggestion: Pack the cheesy lamb and quinoa meat balls with orange segments, natural popcorn, cherry tomatoes and snow peas.
Thanks to One Handed Cooks to this great recipe.