Using Bega Farmers’ Tasty Grated Cheese
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
115g plain flour
60g Bega Farmers’ Tasty Grated Cheese
50g Western Star Original Butter, chopped
¼ tsp salt
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Blitz the flour, Bega Farmers’ Tasty Cheese, butter and salt into the bowl of a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and water, and process again until the mixture forms a ball of dough.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it is ½cm thick. Get the kids to cut out the biscuits using a 4-5cm star cookie cutter and then carefully lay onto the baking trays.
- Transfer the biscuits into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Use different shaped cookie cutters to create other biscuit shapes. These are great packed into school lunches or served with sliced apple for a quick snack!
Cheesy biscuits are a great savoury snack. Serve sliced apple for a tasty afternoon treat.